When 3 twenty something humans are experimented on against their will and they have “side effects”, the question must be asked “If we’re not human, what are we?” That is what the upcoming Netflix Series will try to answer over its 10 episode run.
The “full-throttle, action-adventure” stars Italia Ricci (Designated Survivor) as Sydney Burke, Iñaki Godoy (Netflix’s One Piece) as Juan Ruiz, Morgan Taylor Campbell (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) as Tilda Weber, Rhianna Jagpal (Motherland: Fort Salem) as Abbi Singh, and Rhys Nicholson (Why Are You Like This?) as Alex Sarkov.
Below are the official character descriptions (via Deadline):
- Ricci plays Dr. Sydney Burke, a brilliant scientist looking to fix her past mistakes, both professional and ethical, by allying with Abbi, Juan and Tilda to track down the scientist responsible for their grim fates.
- Campbell portrays Tilda Weber, the driven lead singer of a punk band sees her dreams shatter after she develops super-hearing and a destructive vocal power, giving her abilities similar to a Banshee
- Jagpal is Abbi Singh, an ambitious geneticist whose eagerness to please is tested when her overpowering pheromones give her a Succubus-like control over anyone around her.
- Godoy is Juan Ruiz. The aspiring graphic novelist is more comfortable exploring weird fantasy worlds in his work then he is experiencing them first hand after transforming into a beast he identifies as a Chupacabra.
- Nicholson is Dr. Alex Sarkov. Sarkov, a former child prodigy used to getting his own way, refuses to let anyone – or anything – interfere with his goal to rewrite the human genome and usher in the next stage of human evolution.
- Martin is Hannah Moore. Another test subject of Sarkov and Burke’s experimental gene treatment, Hannah finds her allegiance torn between Abbi, Juan and Tilda and Finch.
- Zagorsky plays Isabel Finch. Vengeance-minded Finch could be Abbi, Juan and Tilda’s most formidable foe: She has her own reasons for finding Sarkov, and if she finds him before they do, they’ll never be able to shed their monstrous identities.
Written by The Order co-creators Heaton and Shelley Eriksen for Nomadic Pictures (SYFY’s Van Helsing, Netflix’s The Order and Wu Assassins), the 10-episode first season of The Imperfects is streaming later in 2022 on Netflix.
Thanks to Comicbook.com for the synopsis and description of the characters.